Adherence to SMS policies
- We collect and use personal data to operate effectively and provide you the best experiences with our services. We only use your personal data where we have a proper legal basis for doing so.
- We do not sell, give, rent or trade your personal data to third parties, including advertisers, marketers or spammers.
- If you provide personal data to us about your customers, we will keep that personal data confidential, and will use it only as necessary to provide the services you have purchased. We will share such personal data with third parties only for purposes of assisting us in providing our services and only with appropriate confidentiality agreements and protections in place. We will not sell or give such personal data to third parties, including advertisers, marketers or spammers.
- We take the security of your personal data seriously, and use industry standard safeguards to protect any personal data stored on our systems.
- We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any websites linked to our site if they are not controlled or owned by TheBestReputation.com.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- In some areas of the Site (such as when you provide information for us to contact you or when you ask for additional information) and in connection with our Services, TheBestReputation.com may collect Personal Data, including your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, username[s], credit card number, billing information and other information which you voluntarily provide. TheBestReputation.com collects information through the use of commonly-used information-gathering tools such as email, telephone, social media interactions, cookies, web beacons, browser data, IP address, mobile devices, third parties, and the actions you take through the use of Service. When expressing interest in obtaining additional information about products or services offered by TheBestReputation.com, the information necessary to contact you such as company name, company email, personal email, address, phone number, and other necessary information will be required. When purchasing products or services, TheBestReputation.com will require financial billing information, such as billing name and address, and credit card number. At user’s request, TheBestReputation.com will access and store authentication credentials, and other user data required by TheBestReputation.com to aggregate and publish data to Social Media Platforms on user’s behalf.
- If you request us to do so, by signing up for one of our services which involves collecting or tracking your Personal Data, we may collect your Personal Data from third-party sources and platforms (such as online review sites, social media sites or other sites on the Internet).
- As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data to analyze trends in the aggregate and administer the Site.
OUR USE OF INFORMATION
Special Offers and Updates
Social Media Widgets
Internal Uses of Your Personal Data
We use Personal Data for certain legitimate business interests, notably in order to:
- process your transactions and related payments
- provide customer support and manage your account
- communicate with you about the Services
- conduct analytics on how the Site and our Services are being used by you, in order to improve our Services (for example, to ensure that our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer/device) and inform our marketing strategy (by presenting you with products and sending you offers tailored to you and your interests)
- send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Site and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies
- respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you requested materials and newsletters, as well as information and materials regarding our products and services
- share Personal Data among our affiliates and subsidiaries for administrative and business operation purposes and in relation to our sales and marketing activities (read also the “Our Disclosure of Information” section below)
- prevent fraud or criminal activity, misuses of our products or services, and ensure the security of our IT systems, architecture and networks
- (a) respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (b) enforce our terms and conditions; (c) protect our operations; (d) protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and (e) allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain
- If you ask us to delete your data and we are required to fulfil your request, to keep basic data to identify you and prevent further unwanted processing
OUR DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
- We give access to your Personal Data only to those who require it for the above purposes.
- TheBestReputation.com will not sell or rent any of your Personal Data to third parties. TheBestReputation.com will not share any of your Personal Data with third parties except in the limited circumstances described below:
- We share information with service providers under contract who help with our business operations, payment and order processing, IT and hosting, fraud investigation, bill collection, information management and analytics, providers of CRM, marketing and sales software solutions. If content generation is included in your Services, we may share information with service providers under contract to create, edit and/or publish such content. These third parties are obligated to protect your Personal Data and to use it only as necessary to provide these services to TheBestReputation.com.
- We may be required to disclose information in response to a subpoena, warrant, court order, levy, attachment, order of a court-appointed receiver or other comparable legal process, including subpoenas from private parties in a civil action. If the subpoena seeks information about an identified subscriber or limited group of subscribers, we will make reasonable business efforts to contact the subscriber(s) before providing information to the party that requests it.
- We disclose information to your agent or legal representative (such as the holder of a power of attorney that you grant, or a guardian appointed for you).
- The implementation of our Services, by its very nature, may require publishing your Personal Data in order to post review responses, post on social media sites, etc. For example, we may have to disclose your name to a review website in order to post a response to a review. This occurs with your express permission for a specific, given purpose.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country (and, in some cases, may not be as protective).
Specifically, our Website servers are located in the United States and our third party service providers and partners operate around the world. This means that when we collect your personal information we may process it in any of these countries.
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: PRIVACY RIGHTS UNDER THE CCPA
- Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA“), California residents have certain rights around TheBestReputation.com’s collection, use, and sharing of their Personal Information.
- If you are a resident of California, you have the right to know what Personal Information has been collected about you, and to access that information. You also have the right to request deletion of your Personal Information, though exceptions under the CCPA may allow TheBestReputation.com to retain and use certain Personal Information notwithstanding your deletion request.
- You also have the right to request that TheBestReputation.com not sell your Personal Information. TheBestReputation.com does not sell your Personal Information and will not do so in the future without providing you with notice and an opportunity to opt-out of such sale as required by law. Similarly, we do not offer financial incentives associated with our collection, use, or disclosure of your Personal Information.
- Separate from the CCPA, California’s Shine the Light law gives California residents the right to ask companies what Personal Information they share with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. We do not disclose your Personal Information to third parties for the purpose of directly marketing their goods or services to you.
HOW TO EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT UNDER THE CCPA
- To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request by the following methods:
- Calling us and leaving a message at (888) 200-5145.
- Emailing us at info@TheBestRepuation.com
- Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative. We are required to verify your identity in order to process your request.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
- We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
- Response Timing and Format. We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 60 days of its receipt, unless we need additional time, in which case we will let you know. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your Personal Information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
- We value your privacy and will not discriminate in response to your exercise of privacy rights.
Upon request, TheBestReputation.com will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your Personal Data. Customer Service is available to assist with this between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. EST. If you wish your Personal Data to be deleted from our database, you may email your request as well. The process of removing information may take up to 60 days.
- We will retain your information for at least as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. We may also keep your information for longer periods of time consistent with our normal business practices and record-keeping requirements. We will retain Personal Data we process on behalf of our clients for as long as needed to provide Services to our client.
- If you have elected to receive marketing communications from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences until you opt out of receiving these communications and in accordance with our policies.
- To determine the appropriate retention period for your Personal Data, we will consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Data, the purposes for which we use your Personal Data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. In some circumstances we may anonymize your Personal Data so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case it is no longer Personal Data.
PERSONAL DATA THAT WE RECEIVE FROM OUR CUSTOMERS
- The implementation of our Services may require our customers to share with us information about third parties such as their customers, clients or patients, including Personal Data such as names and email addresses or phone numbers. We treat such information confidentially and do not share it with any third parties, except as described above as necessary to perform our Services. Such information is maintained pursuant to our customers’ instructions and subject to our agreements with them.
- The use of Personal Data collected through our Services will be limited to the purpose of providing the services for which our customers have engaged TheBestReputation.com.
- TheBestReputation.com collects this information under the direction of its customers, and has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes. If you are a customer of one of our clients and would no longer like to be contacted by one of our clients that use our Service or would like to exercise your privacy rights, please contact the customer that you interact with directly. We may transfer Personal Data to companies that help us provide our service. Transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by the service agreements with our customers.
- What are “cookies”? A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s computer.
- The security of your Personal Data is important to us. If you provide sensitive information, such as credit card number, we encrypt that information.
- The Personal Data that we collect, and that you provide, is stored by us is and contained behind a “firewall” and only accessible by those who need to know that information and who have special access rights to our production systems. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
- We test our security systems regularly and also contract with outside companies to test our security systems and processes. However, no security system is perfect. We do not guarantee or warrant that there will be no unauthorized access to your data.
- We will make all reasonable business efforts to protect your information, but no system can prevent all malicious attacks against our system or commonly used Internet protocols or software.
The Site contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by TheBestReputation.com Please be aware that we, TheBestReputation.com, are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave the Site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal data. This privacy statement applies only to information collected by the Site.
CHOICE AND OPT-OUT
- We provide you the opportunity to ‘opt-out’ of having your Personal Data used for certain purposes when we ask for this information. For example, if you purchase a product/service, but do not wish to receive any additional marketing material from us, you can indicate your preference with your sales representative, account manager, or our Customer Service team.
- If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by emailing us or calling us directly.